FINANCIAL ANALYST (Ref. #1786) (JM)
Perform basic accounting functions including compilation of financial information, journal entry processing, reconciliations, and the analysis of data.
Records, classifies, and summarizes financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted and government finance accounting principles.
Initiates and processes journal entries into various accounts.
Reconciles accounts as required and resolves differences.
Provides financial information as required to management.
Uses various software applications such as spreadsheets and databases to provide supporting documentation for schedules and journal entries.
Perform analyses on various budget variance analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting AND Six (6) years’ experience in accounting (accounts payable & government accounting), OR
- HS Diploma/GED AND nine (9) years’ equivalent experience
- Final secret clearance
- Experience with SAP/Navy Enterprise Resource Planning and material screening skills preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Detail oriented, technically astute, strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
U.S. citizenship and eligibility for a security clearance required; current clearance a plus.
PLEASE REFERENCE JOB #1786 WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package.
Applicants should apply on-line at MRCDS.COM under the “Job Posting Section”