|Job Description || |
CONTRACT SPECIALIST (Ref. #1715)(DG)
|Provide acquisition and contracting support in all areas of the acquisition process required to support the Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA). DARPA serves as the research and development organization of the Department of Defense (DoD) with a primary responsibility of maintaining US technological superiority over our adversaries. DARPA engages in basic, applied and advanced research and development projects essential to DoD.
Position includes support to the DARPA Contracts Management Office to advise and assist on execution and administration of a variety of contracts for the services necessary to conduct DARPA programs and projects. DARPA is a dynamic and fast-paced environment, the position requires a high level of customer responsiveness, adaptability and flexibility. Assist the agency in cradle to grave contract administration for services and supplies including the organization, management and administration of service contracts, task orders, delivery orders and other contractual documents. Guiding the agency throughout the acquisition life cycle, to include acquisition plans, market research, the development of request for proposals/quotes, source selection plans, quality assurance surveillance plans, award documentation and drafting of contracts and modifications.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with program managers and technical subject matter experts analyzing requirements documents and developing performance work statements.
- Demonstrated ability in developing, preparing and presenting terms and conditions in requirements related to the award of service contracts.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing proposed prices or costs, including such aspects as evaluating technical and audit reports, forecasting price trends and evaluating economic factors. Evaluating methods of allocating cost through various types of overhead and general and administrative expense.
- Demonstrated ability negotiating, awarding, and administering competitive and sole source contracts for services and the analysis of procurement policies and procedures related to services contracts.
- Specific experience with Knowledge-Based services requirements for systems engineering and technical assistance support services, professional services, and engineering management services. Facilities, Security and IT services experience is highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience in services source selection and administration.
- Demonstrated experience with Federal Business Opportunities, General Services Administration (GSA) eBuy, GSA Federal Supply Schedules, and Government-Wide Acquisitions Contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree required. (Business or related field).
- DAWIA Level II Certification in Contracting or equivalent certification.
- 6-10 years contracting experience (Department of Defense experience required).
- Performance Based Service Acquisition Experience.
- Proficient in the use of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) 8, 13, 15 and 16.
- Experience and training in requirements development, acquisition planning, market research, solicitation development, contract award and contract administration of service/supply contracts.
- Recent working experience (within last 5 years) with Procurement Desktop Defense 2 (or other contract writing system), to write solicitations, award documents and modifications.
- Active Secret security clearance
PLEASE REFERENCE JOB #1715 WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package.
|EEO || |
Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
McLaughlin Research Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire, promote, and train for all positions without regard to age, race, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, pregnancy, minorities, genetic information, status as a person with a disability, amnesty or status as a protected veteran, and to base all such decisions upon the individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the work assigned, consistent with contractual requirements and all federal, state and, local laws.
EEO is the Law:
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to learn more.