MECHANICAL ENGINEER (#1837-DR)
McLaughlin Research Corporation, an established DoD engineering company, has an exciting opportunity for a mid-level Mechanical Engineer to join its specialized design team based in its New London, CT office.
- The right candidate will support the development of Technical Data Packages (TDP) for temporary and permanent installations on various U.S. Navy submarine and surface ship classes.
- The successful candidate would have the opportunity to work directly with senior engineers and would be expected to lead the engineering effort within a few years.
- A Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 2 years’ experience in performing mechanical analysis (e.g. stress, thermal, hydrodynamic, and vibration)
- Experience creating manufacturing/assembly drawings using Autodesk or Solidworks software.
- Familiarity with Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Willingness to learn electrical
- Ability to create technical documentation using Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat software.
- Ability to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
- Customer interaction experience and great communication skills.
- Ability to climb shipboard ladders and lift 25 pounds
- Ability to travel on occasion to various naval stations to support system installation and shipchecks.
- 3-6 years’ experience
- Mechanical design experience
- Experience with Temporary Alteration (TEMPALT) & Ship Alteration (SHIPALT) development on United States Submarines.
- Experience with MATHCAD Software.
- Experience conducting Finite Element Analysis (FEA) using ANSYS software.
- Knowledge of submarine Non-Propulsion Electronic Systems (NPES)
PLEASE REFERENCE JOB #1837-DR WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package.
Applicants should apply on-line at MRCDS.COM under the “Job Posting Section”