|Title||FACILITIES MANAGER (Ref. #1845-MB)|
|Job Description|| |
FACILITIES MANAGER (Ref. #1845-MB)
McLaughlin Research Corporation has an immediate opening for a Facilities Manager to support our NUWC Division, Newport Code 40 customers. An engineering degree is preferred and this position requires a minimum of 7 years of experience an engineering degree is preferred. The successful candidate will act as a Point-Of-Contact (POC) for Code 40 facility maintenance and improvement projects.
The successful candidate must possess excellent communication skills, be able to work well as a part of a project team and have the ability to independently research and resolve technical issues. An engineering degree and previous US Navy and/or DoD experience in the area of submarine missiles launching systems would also be a plus.
Duties and responsibilities also include:
– Support initiatives associated with the upgrade, modernization and reutilization of Code 40’s land-based facilities, working collaboratively with system subject matter experts and Code 40 Safety Lead.
– Develop office configuration plans and manage the execution of multiple office reconfigurations requiring interfacing with Division Newport facilities, outside vendors and Code 40 personnel.
– Develop proposals for equipment and construction related projects that will result in enhanced capabilities for Code 40 labs and office spaces.
– Assist Code 40 with MILCON planning, including requirements development, working with Code 1021 for project planning, and providing data inputs for MILCON documentation submittal.
– Assist Code 40 Technical Programs with standing up new labs where needed, acting as a liaison to relay program requirements to Division Newport Facilities POCs, ensuring Lab Plans adhere to Division Newport guidance, coordinating procurement actions & work requests, and assisting with installations.
– Respond to facilities and building data calls as required including the Facilities Technical Health Assessment and Facilities Infrastructure Study.
– Update and maintain Department facilities plans.
– Represent Code 40 in internal /external meetings concerning facilities as required.
– Brief the Code 40 Management on the status of facilities projects and plans.
– Participate in compliance inspections and audits of Department facilities and programs as needed and assist in addressing any findings.
– Investigate potential areas for expansion to provide recommendations to the department for additional office space for department personnel.
– Explore opportunities to improve conference room outfitting with IT equipment, furniture, support items and the like to maximize efficiency and productivity of scheduled meetings, conferences, training, etc.
– Generating and reviewing technical documentation to include program plans, schedules, drawings and engineering change proposals in a Department of Defense environment; analyzing and tracking system-related risks and opportunities; tracking technical documentation through the approval process; as well as providing a variety of technical support to Government engineers and project managers.
PLEASE REFERENCE JOB #1845-MB WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package.
|Background in any/all of the following is preferred:|
|Location||RI – MIDDLETOWN|
Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
McLaughlin Research Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire, promote, and train for all positions without regard to age, race, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, pregnancy, minorities, genetic information, status as a person with a disability, amnesty or status as a protected veteran, and to base all such decisions upon the individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the work assigned, consistent with contractual requirements and all federal, state and, local laws.
EEO is the Law:
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to learn more.