ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (Ref. #2018-05-JM)
McLaughlin Research Corporation has immediate openings for Engineering Technicians to support NUWC Keyport, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii location.
Provide technical and administrative test and evaluation (T&E) support for current USW Combat and Weapon Systems on U.S. Navy and FMS AEGIS equipped surface ships Combat System Ship Qualification Trials (CSSQT) in support of PEO IWS; Developmental, Integrated and/or Operational Testing (DT/IT/OT) in support of COMOPTEVFOR; and, shipboard testing support for other customers as required.
This technician performs non-routine and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse project, selects and adapts plans, techniques, designs, or layouts, contacts personnel in related activities to resolve problems and coordinate the work, reviews, analyzes, and integrates the technical work of others. Supervisor or professional engineer outlines objectives, requirements, and design approaches. Completed work is reviewed for technical adequacy and satisfaction of requirements.
This incumbent may train and be assisted by lower level technicians, and performs one or a combination of the following:
- Designs, develops, and constructs major units, devices, or equipment; conducts tests or experiments; analyzes results and redesigns or modifies equipment to improve performance; and reports results.
- From general guidelines and specifications (e.g., size or weight requirements), develops designs for equipment without critical performance requirements that are difficult to satisfy such as engine parts, research instruments, or special purpose circuitry. Analyzes technical data to determine applicability to design problems; selects from several possible design layouts; calculates design data; and prepares layouts, detailed specifications, parts lists, estimates, procedures, etc. May check and analyze drawings or equipment to determine adequacy of drawings and design.
- Plans or assists in planning tests to evaluate equipment performance.
- Determines test requirements, equipment modification, and test procedures; conducts tests using all types of instruments; analyzes and evaluates test results, and prepares reports on findings and recommendations.
- US. citizenship
- Active DoD Secret Clearance desired
- An Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail-oriented, innovative, and proactive
- Organized and capable of multitasking
- Strong organizational and time management skills
PLEASE REFERENCE JOB #2018-05-JM WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package.