|Job Description || |
Information Assurance – Cybersecurity Analyst (Ref. #1796) (DR)
MRC has 1 immediate opening for Information Assurance/Cybersecurity Analysts in Newport, RI providing onsite support to the Naval Undersea Warfare Center. As an Information Security Analyst, you will be on the frontlines of monitoring and responding to threats and attacks against U.S. Navy information systems, primarily with research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E) systems.
- Serve as the member of Information Assurance Vulnerability Management Team.
- Responsible for maintain and upgrading a comprehensive enterprise vulnerability management program.
- Act as the information security resource for interaction with all Codes in areas of Information Technology working to develop a set of mature security standards and best practices for identifying, prioritizing and remediating known vulnerabilities.
- Maintain and evolve a mature set of vulnerability management processes covering all areas of technology.
- Responsible for consolidating application and infrastructure vulnerabilities into one risk focused view to help guide senior management risk and remediation decisions.
- Develop, build and implement a mature and robust set of metrics and reports
- Provide Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms actionable incident.
- Provide threat analysis as well as security advisory services
- Responsible for presentation of the Information Assurance portion of the new hire training.
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends.
- This position reports to the Information System Security Manager and has a dotted line to the Deputy Information System Security Manager.
- Supports daily operational security activities such as responses to client inquiries regarding the information security program as required.
- Participates as required in Incident Response activities.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Must have a Secret security clearance
- Security + certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications such as Tenable Security Center and Nessus, Host Base Security System (HBSS), Splunk, Wireshark, and Security Technical Implementation Guides. (STIGs)
- Familiarity with various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (firewall and intrusion detection systems)
- Experience with interpreting network traffic or alert logs to identify an attack pattern and recognize typical attack scenarios
- Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications
- Strong knowledge of applicable compliance/risk concepts and methodologies
- Strong collaborative and influencing skills
- Attention to detail around controls, metrics, accountability and operational excellence
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
PLEASE REFERENCE JOB #1796 WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package.
Applicants should apply on-line at MRCDS.COM under the “Job Posting Section”
|EEO || |
Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
McLaughlin Research Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire, promote, and train for all positions without regard to age, race, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, pregnancy, minorities, genetic information, status as a person with a disability, amnesty or status as a protected veteran, and to base all such decisions upon the individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the work assigned, consistent with contractual requirements and all federal, state and, local laws.
EEO is the Law:
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to learn more.