MRC is seeking a full time Engineering Project Manager to support government customers on-site at the Naval Surface Warfare Center – Carderock Division (NSWCCD). The project manager will support development of technical packages required to install specialized equipment onboard all US Submarine classes.
- Liaison with NSWCCD Engineers and the MRC Engineering/Design team
- Track the status of data package submissions and installations
- Perform or review mechanical analysis.
- Create designs for mechanical or electrical foundations/kits for commercial off the shelf (COTS) equipment and electronic equipment cabinet enclosures.
- Review ship installation drawings (Mechanical and Electrical)
- Facilitate technical documentation preparation
- Support environmental testing
- Perform QA inspections
- Conduct ship checks to verify system configurations and design requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or 10+ years of submarine related experience
- Knowledge of submarine systems and hardware
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- ACTIVE Secret clearance required
Desired Experience and Skills Required:
- Active Duty Navy submarine experience
- Experience with drawing development via AutoCAD and/or Solidworks
- Experience with Temporary Alterations (TEMPALTs)
- Experience preparing and routing technical data and work packages
- Experience performing installation and repair work