DIGITAL LIBRARIAN (Ref #1863-RC)
MRC has an immediate opening for a full time a Librarian supporting the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division, Newport, RI.
Provide quality support to the Science and Technology Library and the Navy environmental planning community at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Newport RI. Support library and information management projects, including research, circulation, cataloging, and reference. Support the research needs of scientists, engineers, and managers, both in person and remotely. Support content and functionality development efforts for the library’s Drupal website. Support repository management activities including but not limited to: data migration, technical troubleshooting, metadata QA, workflow development, policy and procedure development. Promote library services and participate in outreach projects. Provide user instruction to individuals and groups in effectively utilizing library resources. Support compliance, inventory and inspection related tasking as needed. CRIC/Graphics Contract.
- Advanced research experience within professional services firms, academia, government or equivalent (2+ years preferred).
- Hands-on experience with scientific, engineering, environmental, or research and associated technologies (preferred).
- Ability to acquire new technological skills; demonstrated analytical/problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to self-manage, display initiative, and meet defined work objectives and deadlines.
- Ability to work well with others; demonstrated communication skills (oral and written).
- Knowledge of Drupal, Islandora or similar content management systems.
- Experience with repository systems such as Fedora Commons, Dspace, or ePrints.
- Knowledge of file formats, media migration, and metadata.
- Experience with XML, and one or more metadata schemas (preferred).
- Knowledge of digital rights laws, regulations, copyright, and licensing (preferred).
Education and Certification:
BA/BS degree; advanced degree, MLS or related degree preferred.
- Must be able to successfully obtain an Active Security Clearance – Secret Level.
- Advanced Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Access and Adobe.
- Experience with Drupal and Islandora preferred, web development.
PLEASE REFERENCE JOB #1863-RC WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package.
Applicants should apply on-line at MRCDS.COM under the “Job Posting Section”