FACILITIES MANAGER (Ref. #1845-MB)
McLaughlin Research Corporation has an immediate opening for a Facilities Manager to support our NUWC Division, Newport Code 40 customers. An engineering degree is preferred and this position requires a minimum of 7 years of experience an engineering degree is preferred. The successful candidate will act as a Point-Of-Contact (POC) for Code 40 facility maintenance and improvement projects.
The successful candidate must possess excellent communication skills, be able to work well as a part of a project team and have the ability to independently research and resolve technical issues. An engineering degree and previous US Navy and/or DoD experience in the area of submarine missiles launching systems would also be a plus.
Duties and responsibilities also include:
– Support initiatives associated with the upgrade, modernization and reutilization of Code 40’s land-based facilities, working collaboratively with system subject matter experts and Code 40 Safety Lead.
– Develop office configuration plans and manage the execution of multiple office reconfigurations requiring interfacing with Division Newport facilities, outside vendors and Code 40 personnel.
– Develop proposals for equipment and construction related projects that will result in enhanced capabilities for Code 40 labs and office spaces.
– Assist Code 40 with MILCON planning, including requirements development, working with Code 1021 for project planning, and providing data inputs for MILCON documentation submittal.
– Assist Code 40 Technical Programs with standing up new labs where needed, acting as a liaison to relay program requirements to Division Newport Facilities POCs, ensuring Lab Plans adhere to Division Newport guidance, coordinating procurement actions & work requests, and assisting with installations.
– Respond to facilities and building data calls as required including the Facilities Technical Health Assessment and Facilities Infrastructure Study.
– Update and maintain Department facilities plans.
– Represent Code 40 in internal /external meetings concerning facilities as required.
– Brief the Code 40 Management on the status of facilities projects and plans.
– Participate in compliance inspections and audits of Department facilities and programs as needed and assist in addressing any findings.
– Investigate potential areas for expansion to provide recommendations to the department for additional office space for department personnel.
– Explore opportunities to improve conference room outfitting with IT equipment, furniture, support items and the like to maximize efficiency and productivity of scheduled meetings, conferences, training, etc.
– Generating and reviewing technical documentation to include program plans, schedules, drawings and engineering change proposals in a Department of Defense environment; analyzing and tracking system-related risks and opportunities; tracking technical documentation through the approval process; as well as providing a variety of technical support to Government engineers and project managers.
- Active Security Clearance – Secret Level
- Minimum 7 years of applicable experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline is preferred.
- Previous US Navy or DoD experience in the area of submarine weapons and launcher systems
PLEASE REFERENCE JOB #1845-MB WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package.