System Safety Engineer (Ref. #1813) (MB)
McLaughlin Research Corporation (MRC) is seeking an intermediate-level Systems Safety Engineer to support on-going systems engineering tasking within the NUWC Division, Newport Submarine Missiles Division. These systems employ electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and other technologies. Responsibilities include performing system analyses, system design studies, system testing, data collection and analysis, development, review and update test procedures, and review of technical documentation.
- Candidate applies knowledge of system engineering and scientific methods and tools to define and characterize behavior of products and processes.
- Integrate technical, cost, and safety considerations into the product definition to comply with Department of Defense requirements.
- Develop and interpret requirements, drawings, data sets, reports, and specifications.
- Interface with other members of project teams to define and implement engineering solutions to meet systems mission objectives.
- Develop, document, and maintain processes, methods, and tools.
- Help resolve programmatic and technical problems that would affect cost, schedule, and performance.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Related Field
- 3-5 years of systems engineering experience to include knowledge in system development and analyses systems and tools.
- The individual should be goal-oriented and have a strong work ethic.
- The ability to multi-task and work in a team environment is essential.
- The ability to develop solutions to complex technical problems.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Secret Security Clearance.
- Submarine system or sub-system engineering and test experience is a plus.
PLEASE REFERENCE JOB #1813-MB WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package.
Applicants should apply on-line at MRCDS.COM under the “Job Posting Section”
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
McLaughlin Research Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire, promote, and train for all positions without regard to age, race, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, pregnancy, minorities, genetic information, status as a person with a disability, amnesty or status as a protected veteran, and to base all such decisions upon the individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the work assigned, consistent with contractual requirements and all federal, state and, local laws.
EEO is the Law:
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination.