|Job Description || |
SECURITY ASSISTANT (Ref. #1848-DR)
MRC has an opening for a full time Security Assistant NUWC Division Newport, RI. The qualified candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support in the following areas:
Assist in the development of local policies and procedures to ensure adherence to DOD Manual 5200.01 Volumes 1,2 & 4, SECNAV M5500.36, DON Information Security Program Manual and other applicable InfoSec policy instructions;
- Assist the Top- Secret Control Officer ensuring the accountability and protection of Top Secret Program and materials;
- Assist in oversight, guidance and regulation of the Command’s Classified Material Control Program. Assist the Leading Specialist in Marking, Safeguarding, Dissemination, Transmission and Transportation, Storage and Destruction of material.
- Assist in the Management of the Command’s Preliminary Inquiry process into the potential Loss or Compromise of classified material; gathering information, assigning Investigating Officers, drafting Security Violation Notification letters and tracking and reporting incidents to NCIS, the CO and NAVSEA.
- Assist in the oversight of classified material transmission and transportation, internally and externally, including the hand carry process, the issuance and tracking of classified material courier cards, coordination with the mail Room and B-47.
- Assist in working with the NAVSEA Foreign Visit POC, NCIS and internal Command Management to Process Foreign Visit Requests to NUWC DIV Newport.
- Assist in providing oversight and guidance on the Command Derivative Classification Program by ensuring command personnel are incorporating, paraphrasing, restating, or generating in new form information that is already classified and marking the newly developed material consistent with the classification markings that apply to the source information.
- Assist in providing Control and management of the Classified Material Control (Marking, Safeguarding, Control Measures, Inventory, Transmission and Transportation) system to include oversight and assistance to Naval Sea Logistics Center (NSLC) Operations at B-47.
- Assist the Command’s NATO Control Officer or assist that Officer, responsible for oversight of safeguarding and handling NATO information, ensuring NATO briefings are executed as required, and executing the NATO Control Program as directed by NAVSEA 00P Security Office and in accordance with applicable NATO regulations.
- Assist in the oversight of Foreign Government Information (FGI) Program, working with the NATO Control Officer ensuring that information provided to the U.S. Government by a foreign government or governments, is held in confidence.
- Assist in the oversight of the Security Classification Guides (SCGs) program, ensure personnel are able to access SCGs as necessary.
- Assist in providing guidance and training to Division personnel regarding the handling, storage, and safeguarding of Classified National Security Information (CNSI); assist the Program Manager in the development and maintenance of program workflow processes.
- Assist in the oversight of the Command Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) Program and the protection and destruction requirements associated with it.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
PLEASE REFERENCE JOB #1848-DR WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package.
Applicants should apply on-line at MRCDS.COM under the “Job Posting Section”
|EEO || |
Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
McLaughlin Research Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire, promote, and train for all positions without regard to age, race, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, pregnancy, minorities, genetic information, status as a person with a disability, amnesty or status as a protected veteran, and to base all such decisions upon the individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the work assigned, consistent with contractual requirements and all federal, state and, local laws.
EEO is the Law:
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to learn more.