|Job Description || |
Test Coordinator (Ref. #1797) (SR)
NUWC Code 4011 seeks a full-time contractor support to perform submarine Platform Test Coordinator (PTC) tasks and various missile system/test engineering tasks. Tasks primarily consist of missile flight test preparation and execution, requiring frequent travel for meetings, ship checks, missile load-outs, test rehearsals and launches. This person will routinely interface with fleet personnel, program sponsors, other government agencies and contractors to ensure proper test planning/scheduling, execution and safety. Additional tasks include review, tracking and investigation of fleet-reported missile problems, and review of proposed weapon system changes. The candidate must possess good writing and oral presentation skills, the ability to work independently, and capable of acting as a team coordinator/leader during test events.
- Work with TYCOMS/Squadrons/PMA-2805 (sponsor) to identify potential submarine shooters.
- Coordinate the scheduling of flight test meetings, missile load-out dates and strike rehearsals with other government agencies.
- Prepare Navy messages and other paperwork requesting NUWC installation of data collection equipment on submarines (i.e., TEMPALTs).
- Develop and present slides regarding submarine preparations/readiness at flight test planning meetings. Prepare and present similar flight test slides for ship’s force and squadron prior to the launch window.
- Work with NUWC personnel to develop modified shipboard procedures for use during the flight test. Perform laboratory testing to verify modified procedures, mission/strike data and submarine/missile software compatibility.
- Provide comments to draft Flight Test Plans, Pre-Exercise messages and other test planning documentation.
- Coordinate a team of people from various agencies (fleet, civilian and contractors), to perform submarine/missile testing and TEMPALT installation while dockside. Provide written situation reports on a daily basis, regarding team efforts/status.
- Act as the onboard submarine test team lead and liaison with shore-based personnel during at-sea test execution. Work with the submarine’s Commanding Officer and Weapons Officer to ensure test safety.
- This person will manually record significant events as they occur during test execution, and collect data in accordance with the Data Collection Plan. That plan includes electronic files from various ship equipment, NUWC test equipment, and manual logs completed by ship’s force and other test team personnel.
- System/Test Engineering and Fleet Support:
- Review proposed updates to fleet procedures such as SSN Ordnance Document (OD) 44979, Conventional Weapons Manual, and Navy Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (NTTP) 3.03-1.
- Review proposed weapon system changes to identify potential impact on fleet guidance/procedures and flight test support.
- On a daily basis, review classified (SIPRNET) message traffic for potential fleet reports of operational missile problems or submarine equipment casualties related to upcoming flight tests. Request additional information from the submarine or parent squadron when a missile is identified. Create an Electronic Cruise Missile Failure Report (ECMFR) for a missile failure and notify the sponsor (PMA-280712). Create and maintain/update an FTRB folder in the Tomahawk Information System (TOMIS), containing failure investigation documentation.
- Participate in weekly Fleet Trouble Review Board (FTRB) meetings at NUWC.
- On a weekly basis, update the All-Up-Round (AUR) failure tracker for PMA-280712, which includes AUR on-load/off-load issues identified by Code 4014 as well as reported missile failures.
- Every two weeks, participate in missile Failure Investigation Review Board (FIRB) conference calls. Prepare FIRB PowerPoint slides as necessary.
- Prepare quarterly and annual metrics regarding fleet-reported missile failures.
- Participate in Submarine Tomahawk Action Board Meetings (approximately 4/year).
- Assist with SSGN missile load-outs, providing AUR and Sea Pressure Simulator support.
PLEASE REFERENCE JOB #1797 WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package.
Applicants should apply on-line at MRCDS.COM under the “Job Posting Section”
|EEO || |
Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
McLaughlin Research Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire, promote, and train for all positions without regard to age, race, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, pregnancy, minorities, genetic information, status as a person with a disability, amnesty or status as a protected veteran, and to base all such decisions upon the individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the work assigned, consistent with contractual requirements and all federal, state and, local laws.
EEO is the Law:
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to learn more.