|Job Description || |
TRAINING SPECIALIST (Ref. #1872-JM)
MRC seeks a full-time a Training Specialist in Port Hueneme, CA.
- Provide support for all After Hours & Off-Site Training requests.
- Receive all SF-182 (Authorization Agreement & Certification of Training) forms for processing through the Training Department.
- Verify all signatures have been obtained by the employee, make sure a valid NWA # is provided, and verify the dates for the classes.
- Request a course description (if it is a college course/class) from the employee if they have not provided it.
- Obtain electronic signatures from training specialist and training director.
- Input SF-182 training request into ERP and follow it through the approval process.
- Send the completed SF-182 to the employee and also to the schools/colleges if an invoice is required to pay for the course.
- Work with the P-Card holder to make sure the vendors/colleges get paid. Iif universities/colleges wish to be paid via EFT, obtain an invoice and submit to Comptroller for payment.
- Work with the Conference Package personnel to make sure that all SF-182s that are for conferences get submitted to the training department prior to the start of the conference.
- After the class/training has been completed, request a grade report from the employee to verify that employee has passed the class.
- Issue credit in ERP for the training/class so that it flows into their TWMS account.
- Maintain the Access Database for all of the After Hours & Off-Site courses which includes costs for tuition, books, & travel.
- Work with employees who have a Credential/License that they wish the command pay for with their Professional Credentials Program paperwork and submit it to the training director for approval.
- Maintain the Library in the Training Department and make sure that new books are added on the Workforce Development Library portlet.
- Assist Mandatory Training Coordinator with check-ins for live mandatory NCIS, SAPR & Physical Security training.
- Strong customer service skills required
- Active DoD Secret Clearance desired
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail-oriented, innovative, and proactive
- Organized and capable of multitasking
- Strong organizational and time management skills
PLEASE REFERENCE JOB #1872-JM WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package.
Applicants should apply on-line at MRCDS.COM under the “Job Posting Section”
|EEO || |
Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
McLaughlin Research Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire, promote, and train for all positions without regard to age, race, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, pregnancy, minorities, genetic information, status as a person with a disability, amnesty or status as a protected veteran, and to base all such decisions upon the individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the work assigned, consistent with contractual requirements and all federal, state and, local laws.
EEO is the Law:
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to learn more.