MRC develops, reviews, updates, and prepares training programs and materials using a systems approach that begins with planning and incorporates five on-going, reiterative phases: analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation. Our subject matter experts, training specialists, and illustrators work as a team to produce courseware that maximizes student comprehension in the classroom and performance in the operational environment.
Following are a few examples of training products MRC has produced:
- Developed, implemented, and updated the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) Torpedo Test Equipment Maintenance and Operation course, a 23-unit, 1,005-hour (225 classroom, 780 laboratory) course for heavyweight torpedo intermediate level maintenance and test equipment maintenance. Tasking for this 19-month effort ranged from development of training curricula through conduct of hands-on training for RAN technicians taking pilot courses in Newport and Norfolk, VA.
- Developed, implemented, and upgraded the 10-unit, 40-hour Demilitarization (DEMIL) and Trade Security Controls Program course for the Defense Logistic Agency (DLA) Demilitarization Life Cycle Planning Center (DLPC). MRC training team presents the course worldwide.
- Developed, produced, and upgraded a shipboard, computer-based, interactive trainer for the Distant Thunder advanced, multi-static, active sonar. This hands-on electronic training suite provides highly realistic, detailed instruction for use of the system.
- Designed, produced, and upgraded the computer-based ADCAP Post Launch Trainer (APLT) and Lightweight Torpedo Trainer (LTT). The APLT provides skills required for successful deployment of submarine-launched heavyweight torpedoes, while the LTT provides guidance for presetting and tactical deployment of lightweight torpedoes from surface ships and aircraft.
- Developed, implemented, and upgraded the ISO 14001-compliant Environmental Training System for NAVSEA Newport, including maintaining the Environmental Training Program Manual and Environmental Training Requirements Manual, in addition to developing and presenting environmental courses Center-wide, some as on-line courses.